Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society
Held on: 24th June 2000 in Granny's Room
Present: Claire, Claire's Mum, Jeremy, Rob, Granny, and Ben.
- Rob open's the meeting in his traditional flamboyant style.
- We congratulate him on getting a first. Git. We could all get one too if we spent less time sitting around drinking tea and writing minutes. Doh.
- We show some photos around. Jeremy, unsurprisingly, has lots of pictures of his various womenfolk.
- We vote to censure Rob for trying to donate the Society's own ears which we gave him several years ago back to the society. F:3 A:0 Abs:1. Making tea:1.
- Claire has Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeeeeeeee. And it's yummy.
- Claire's mum can be mother as she has more experience than most of us. Otherwise we'll tell Claire's dad about what Claire's mum did at the May Ball....
- Dave Henderson is mentioned.
- The light turns yellow as Ben goes for the Biscuit.
- Rob's got a dinner date. Ahhhhh!
- With Magnus. Eeuuuurghhh.
- Teen sluts do it all for Ben via e-mail. (N.B I would claim this were libel if I hadn't written it myself- Piglet)
- We are drinking Liz's milk.
- Rob got a distinction in his oral.
- You will note, by this point, that we are in the gutter. At least it means that the tone of these minutes can't possibly descend any lower.
- If a Diploma in Computer Science is a Dip Comp. Sci, is one in Theology a Dip. God. Sci? These Questions Have to Be Asked.
- There is gossip at the ball. It seems certain members of the society spent most of it witnessing one of the most spectacular arguments about who was two-timing who in the first year. They still haven't worked it out, but watch this space.
- Betty needs more black bags. This minute may have relevance to someone, so I've left it in. Beats me, though.
- Claire's mum realises that Granny's Sad. Votes to congratulate Claire's Mum. It took us until at least the end of Fresher's week. F;2 A:0 Abs: 2.
- The Junior Proctor Simon Redfern's Legs enter the conversation.
- Rob feels small when he goes to the tailors. We've always known....
- Brian had Briony in the Pizza Place. For a meal, or course.
- We vote to censure something or other as Rob leaves.
- We criticise the changes to the web pages. Especially frames.
- Votes to censure Owen for said frames. F:2 A:0 Abs:2. Carried, harshly, but, as is the poohsoc way, democratically....
- Votes to make Dan and Lucy for a meal at Brown's. F:1 A:0 Abs:2. They never did, incidentally, so they should face the wrath of poohsoc if they ever turn up again....
- Granny reads "At the Zoo".
- Dan and Lucy enter. They leave surprisingly quickly, before we can tell them about the Brown's thing.
- Jeremy can do Rabbit if necessary. I think she might have a few things to say on that matter, however....
- Ben daringly hacks into Granny's e-mail account, and sends lewd e-mail to the FBI, CIA, MI6, and the problem page editor of Women's Realm. Oh, what japes!
- Claire's doing it on her own regardless. Claire's Mum agrees that it sounds fun.
- That's the reading
- Jeremy looks like Worzel Gummidge.
- "Plot? Help!"- Granny.
- Jeremy reads a poem in the style of Elvis, uh-huh-huh, Thank you very much.
- The Reading attempts to surface, and succeeds. It is the Old Testament Chapter 3, "In which Pooh and Piglet go hunting and nearly catch a Woozle".
- Jeremy now reads in the style of a very bad B-movie. He obviously has a hidden lack of talent.
- Magnus enters behind Ben, and withdraws just as quickly. (Who writes this crap?) Why is it that people do not want to stay and have Tea with us?
- "Christopher Robin comes slowly down his tree."
- "That wasn't so painful".
- Jeremy refuses to do Roo. Bad show.
- Jeremy composes himself. He is now in three movements, with a nice recapitulation towards the end of the crescendo at the beginning of the allegro.
- "Look at me swimming." (c.f Christopher Robin quote above.)
- Claire's been in reception with little children this month.
- "It's putting on little boys trousers I find really hard." - Claire.
- "Well, get Ben to explain what he does and do it all backwards." Inevitably Granny.
- Granny mentions the euro symbol, purely to be a git when I have to type the minutes up. However, I can type , though expect it to be about 25% smaller by the time it's read out. Also, to be a git to the person that reads out the minutes, please find attached the following Gurmukhi characters.
- No, I don't know what a Gurmukhi is either.
- Narging happens as Granny e-mails.
- Claire's mum expects to have a joint in her oven tonight.
- Oyster stout. Oh yes.
- Homerton college is no more, being only a shell for it's true purpose as a conference centre.
- We vote to close. F:2 A:1 Abs:1. The meeting was closed.
Return To Easter 2000
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2000.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College