Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Elevenses Meeting held on 10th May 2003 in 1 Chapel Court 2, Jesus
Present: Katie, Rachel, Owen, Rosy, Naath, Jack, John-h,
Dunstan, Rachel C, Martin, Neil, Rosie, Jenny
Apologies: Rosie, Jenny, Alison, Jonathan
Guest: An Apple
- Meeting opened.
- The pianoís not here. Passed.
- Tea like spaghetti.
- The real Jammy Dodgers.
- John-h met hyssop in bizarre circumstances.
- "If Iíd had these last week who knows WHAT might have happened." John-h.
- Naath is much intrigued by the invisible piano.
- Martin was at home last week. John-h embarks on an attempt to guess where "home" is. Initially. Eventually it is narrowed down to "somewhere in Leistershire too small to have its own MacDonalds".
- Biscuit hustings:
Pan di Stelle (
Dunstan) Sprout Sport Milky Bar Biscuits (Rachel C)
- Phil arrives to talk to Katie. We all gaze silently at him, and he begins to look perturbed. Or at least thatís the idea.
- Next time, fold the minutes into paper aeroplanes and throw them round the room. Passed.
- The minutes of the meeting on 3rd May are read out, with commentary, as is traditional.
- John-hís bare-naked womanís arm was in his bag. Passed.
- Votes to commend John-h for going to Amsterdam to find a postcard of Cambridge: Passed.
- Votes to censure John-h for his persistent failure to send us a postcard for March or April. Passed.
- We should have a control experiment involving dipping a biscuit into an empty mug. Passed.
- Votes to censure Neil: Passed. Passed.
- Votes to censure Dunstan for not paying attention. Passed.
- Rachelís 51. Passed.
- Votes to censure John-h for eating a Jammy Dodger. Passed.
- Votes to censure John-h for threatening the reality of the universe by going against a PoohSoc minute. Passed.
- Votes to let apples vote. Passed.
- Are there any restrictions on what can be a guest? Probably you canít be a guest if youíre a member.
- Votes to give minute 32 voting rights. Passed.
- Votes to censure Neil for proposing that stupid idea. Passed.
- Votes to censure John-h for trying to propose AND second a motion. Passed.
- Votes to censure Neil. Failed.
- We beat Neil with a carrot. Passed. (Iíve been told to note that Neil voted For. Hmm.)
- Nothing like an excuse to censure Neil. Passed.
- Weíll have a Birthday Party next week to accelerate Rachelís ageing. Passed.
- Itíll be a normal meeting and weíll call it a party. Passed.
- For the remainder of this weekís meeting, "Katie" will be spelt Rachael. Passed.
- This week, minute 32 will abstain. Passed.
- Pinning the tail on Owen would be a lot more fun. Passed.
- Votes to censure Dunstan for asking. Passed.
- Votes to commend Dunstan for asking. Passed.
- It looks like Welsh.
- All undergrad and part III mathmos have to write their lecture notes in the way just outlined by Neil. Passed.
- Votes to censure Naath for inability to read. Abstained.
- We just accidentally abstained a motion. Abstained.
- We should have a motion thatís confused. Failed.
- We should run round the country spoiling ALL the ballots. Failed.
- We should mandate Neil to do it on our behalf. Passed.
- Right. Biscuit vote?
- Rachel - any last words?
- Iíd rather not think what PoohSocís about to do to me. Abstained.
- If the not-sprout-biscuits lose, the entire moral fabric of our society will collapse.
- We should mandate the Foreign Secretary to write to the "Safe sex, mildly good times and environmentally-friendly cars committee" person and invite them to join us. Passed.
- Biscuit Vote: exact numbers are not recorded as there were no exact numbers, but the Pan di Stelle won.
- Votes to commend Rachael on optimal use of AOL CDs. Passed.
- John-h is very spoilt today. Passed.
- John-hís dad is a seahorse. Passed.
- John-h has to write to his Dad and tell him heís a seahorse. Hung
- We should have May Week in August. Passed.
- The apple voted. Failed.
- May week. Bridge crawl. On the Thursday (19th June).
- Votes to rusticate all the members. Failed.
- Thursday of May Week should be an Honorary Member. Failed.
- Itís all becoming distinctly silly. Passed.
- Itís all becoming indistinctly silly. Passed.
- Votes to remove Neilís seconding rights for the rest of the meeting, invoking Clause LXI as necessary. Passed.
- Votes to commend Rosie for keeping up with the absurd number of minutes despite only just having arrived. Passed.
- Votes to commend the secretary for etc. etc. Passed.
- Votes to declare something else a carrot. Passed.
- Neil is beaten with (I think) a pair of earrings.
- We should wish Martin a Happy Birthday for Thursday.
- Votes to wish Martin a Happy Birthday for Friday. Passed.
- Votes to rename Neil "Rachel". Passed.
- Votes to rename everyone Rachel. Failed.
- [N-Rachelís] going to shut up now. Passed.
- Weíll read alternate words from each chapter. Failed.
- Itís that tone of voice that says "management preffered decision coming up".
- Because the apple is a visitor it has to narrate, by being eaten very noisily. Failed.
- Votes to censure the exceptionally vicious teapot. Passed.
- Reading: "In which Christopher Robin leads an Expoitition to the North Pole" followed continuously by "In which Eeyore finds the Wolery and Owl moves into it"
- It is observed that Christopher Robin has become quite astonishingly sleazy, somewhat precocious in a child yet to start Prep School.
- Votes to commend Rachael on having excellent Fennel Tea. Passed.
- Votes to censure Jennyís phone for interrupting the reading. Passed.
- Rosie canít go after the story, she must stay here forever. Failed.
- Votes to censure the-patch-of-air-where-the-piano-isnít for having it in for Rachel. Passed.
- Next weekís meeting: E1, Buckingham Court, Magdalene.
- Votes to close. Passed.
Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Elevenses Meeting
10th May 2003
Return To Easter 2003
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2003.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College