Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society
1st May 04 hosted by
Miss Rachel Causier in 09, Benson Court, Magdalene College
Present: Owen, Rachel C., Jon, Katie, Rosy, Jack, Rachel H., Alison,
Naath, Chess, Edith, Nick
Apologies: Dunstan, Roz, Rachel H. (for going to be late)
- Jack: My being James has scarred me for life. / Dunstan: Me too.
- Meeting opened.
- Look! There's a punt collision! Three way! [oo-er] The
dog's going to jump in the river. Come look, it's great! It's mayham! - Jon & Katie
Calming vote - failed.
- Edith looks a lot more like the picture of him tied to the nuclear bomb.
- I need to dye my hair purple.
Babies! / Baby ducks? / No, babt people!
- Whirling blades of death.
- They have no regard for the sanctity of punting - they're wearing lifejackets!
- Edith as mandated had a barbecue but we didn't come.
- Censure Owen for dunking ¼ of a Hot Cross Bun. - passed (Owen for).
- Minutes of the last meeting read by various people.
- The minutes saying Cuthbert being present causes Katie to make a puzzled
expression at Rosy, who converts it into a 'Ah' expression by making a snake
motion with her hand.
- Votes to censure the French language for crimes against Owen - presumably
- A utopia of apolitical [???] - Edith
- The laughter has gone supersonic - Edith.
- Let's fail a motion - failed.
- Let's fail a motion - failed.
- Censure Owen for being a bad sport - failed.
- Are you voting for, against, abstained, apathied or spoiled? E: yes, I
am. N: abstain. Chess: artichokes. Rachel: dimpled chad. Jack: artichokes.
- Let's not have any more votes for a while - [I was distracted from
recording the result when the proposer was struck by lightning.]
- Owen feeds ¼ of a Hot Cross Bun to Rachel C. but hopefully accidently
gets most of the crumbs into her nose.
- Vote to melt the kettle - passed.
- AGM minutes are read.
- Censure Rachel C. for putting the minutes in context - passed (RC for)
[So did everyone else, but I don't think any of the other votes to censure
got to the voting stage.]
- Censure Edith for eating the minutes. - passed unanimously (bar Naath).
- Mandate Edith to stop eating the minutes - ditto.
- Censure Naath for defacing the minutes with a penknife - passed
- Censure Naath for defacing Naath with a penknife - passed
- Censure Naath for defacing the penknife with the minutes- passed
- It only hurts when I do this. [gestures].
- Censure Martin for being non-Pooh-related-material. - passed
- Censure Neil for Martin for being non-Pooh-related-material. - passed
- Censure Owen for not having read minute 47 when I have - passed.
- Dave henderson was mentioned. Repeatedly and recursively.
- Jon unjures himself sitting on the corner of Rachel's computer. [I
hope it wasn't licenced by the umpire]
- We are calm. - failed
- That flipping police car helicopter is back - Rachel C.
- There's only room for one helicopter in Cambridge and that's me - Jon -
- Reading: Expotition to the North Pole.
- I don't want to know what's going on in Owen's head - Rosy.
- Bicuit, [sic] bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, MUSHROOM!
MUSHROOM! Bicuit, [sic] bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit, bicuit,
MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM! AAAH, CUTHBERT! - Katie, Edith, Naath & Jack.
- Edith has a thought.
- We could tip up the big chaos pool and play poohsticks - Edith.
- But the water would fall out - Rosy.
- Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! - Owen.
- Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! - Rachel. C.
- No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! - Owen. [Concurrently.]
- If you're an artist you can get away with knowing nothing - Edith.
- I don't want to have meals on tuesday.
- Suggested title: "An investigation into the relevance of [topic] to getting
- "Ow! Stop sitting on me." - Rachel C.
- Unless you were attacked by a gang of compscis who forced you into that
"Go away or I'll replace you with a very small shell script" T-shirt you
are a compsci.
- Garden party discussed.
- Alison to write a PhD on poohsticks hydrodynamics - passed. (A. for.)
- Can I use a monkey as a poohstick? Precedent suggests yes, provided GWB
is tied so he can't swim.
- Edith discussed monkey-stuffing.
- Eidth has a root vegetable obsession.
- Edith is a member of the society so we can't use him as a poohstick - unless
we dismember him first.
- Look at Jo(h)n's tower!
- Everyone in John's tower must have a bungee rope tied to their ankle
- Geology is discussed again.
- It's only a little apocalypse.
- Censure for singing "I have a theory..." - passed.
- Censured for blaspheming - passed.
- Edith is sweet - passed.
- Can I lick you? - Jack.
- Rachel C after sitting on Owen's Knee for a while discovers a wet patch
on the back of her trousers. [sec=Alison]
- The sock's aren't me - Nick [sec=Alison]
- Ginger flapjacks.
- Mmnmnmnnnnmmmnmnmnm - Rachel C. & Owen
- Are you more stable than a wok? - Chess to Owen.
- Nggeek! - Nick.
- There will be NO onomatopaia - passed.
- Baaa. Boink. Meow. Bzzz. Neigh! - various people.
- I am not a minute, I am a free man! - Nick.
- Nick [sec=Rachel]
- But you don't have to hear the banging noise- Katie.
- Poohsoc to acquire a banging noise - Nick.
- Elect Nick to the post of the banging nooise - hung, vetoed.
- Hang Nick - hung, CR: artichoke.
- Ninja racer edged throwing Rocks - Nick.
- I'm not that quotable, I'm just very tired. - Nick.
- Censure Rachel for ignoring her history. - passed (R for).
- Much discussion on which parts of the country are north, and if Chess is
an essex girl.
- We got very athletic in Bourthmouth - Katie. [FTR apparently she said
she actually didn't get.]
- It was a mistake giving Jack the minutes - passed (Alison against.)
- Votes to commend Alison for voting against - passed. [Well, according
to the minutes, passed.]
- Albatross - Katie.
- Fred - Rachel H.
- Owen re-arrives. "I thought he was gone for good" - Katie.
- Two parrots joke - Katie
- Little girls are made of Côtes de Rhône.
- Two goldfish in a tank. "Do you know how to drive this thing?" - Rosy.
- Why did the egg cross the road? Because it had an inclination - Jack.
- Chess is not a free man.
- Votes to close - passed.
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2004.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College