Minutes of the meeting of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society,
held on 19/06/1999 in Ben's room.
Present; Ben & Jerry, Anfoni, Granny, Becky, Jeremy, two of Ben's friends
from home, other Richard, Jon (briefly), and Chrisanthyasmin. There may
have been other people, but I forgot to write down who was there.
- It is Anfoni's last Pooh Soc! We ask if he will be the founder of a
York chapter of Pooh Soc, and he says that he will try. [Is Anfoni going
to become a Yorkie?]
- We discuss Brian's party this evening, and it turns out that Brian
purposefully did not invite the Kirsten-Benedict-Jon unit ^Ö or, at the very
least, he didn't want Benedict to be there. We decide that this is sound
judgement on Brian's part, as it will probably be far too noisy and smoky
- Ben announces that he is about to read us something very important, and
it turns out to be some notes I made about a set of pieces by Arvo P„rt,
which appear on the same piece of paper as last week's minutes, which he
then attempts to read.
- Some photos of transvestites are passed around.
- Vote that our visitors should be allowed to vote for the duration of
the meeting; For 6; against 1; absentions 2. Motion carried.
- After discussing Jon Jarrett's brilliant display of ineptitude
surrounding the Garden Party, rather than be directly nasty about him, we
vote to congratulate him on his fine work; For 0; Ags 6; Abs 3. Motion
- We ponder whether Australian Jaymes looks better upside-down.
- We notice that Ben's friends have just left, and various nasty jokes
- Becky points out that Granny has a slight sex problem. What will
happen when he becomes a granfather? Should he be addressed as "Granny", or
- Moving back to minute 8, we vote to censure Ben's friends for
abandoning us mid-meeting; For 5; Ags 3; Abs 1. Motion passed. So there.
- Apparently, everyone looks lovely in a dress. Let's not test this.
- At the party for which photos are being passed around, it appears that
both Anfoni and Dave Henderson pulled the same person, at different times.
- Other Richard leaves!! :o)
- Jon arrives, then applies a surprise tactic by leaving again, almost
before he has arrived.
- Last week's minutes, or rather, most of them, are read.
- Votes for rhubarb tea? For 3; Ags 1; Abs 4.
- Kirsten and her benefits. It seems that if she and Jon do not live
together, she gets more money in benefits.
- Chris Timms and his relationship to the devil are discussed.
- A reading! We read Chapter 10, Old Testament, "In which Christopher
Robin gives a Pooh Party, and we say good-bye". It seemed rather appropriate
on our last meeting of the academic year.
- First meeting in October is to be in Rob S's room, AA something. Or
maybe it was Granny's room, AA25 - no-one seems quite sure.
- Vote to thank Emily for being a Very Good Pooh; For 8; Ags 0; Abs 1.
Motion carried, and she is duly thanked.
- Becky confesses to us that she first got drunk when she was 6 months
old, and we wonder how her parents could tell.
- Garden Party report; unless there are any other expense claims, we made
- Vote to close; For 7; Ags 0; Abs 3. Motion carried, and the last
meeting of this academic year is closed.
Return To Easter 1999
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 1999.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College