Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Annual General Meeting held on the 24/02/2001 in the Inner Parlour, Formal Hall and O10.
Present : Owen, Richard, Claire, Martin, Ben, Ian, Jenny, Rosie, Andrew, Stuart, Debbie
Apologies : Yasmin
- For the last time as President, Jenny opens the meeting.
- "Well I can call them on my phone" -Jenny.
- Is Andrew a figment of our imagination?
- The letter to Durleigh Sailing Club is read out.
- We finally become quorate for an AGM as Andrew and Rosie arrive.
- The letter to Lord Mallard is read out.
- Ben has provided sandwiches, as he is required to do by the constitution.
- The letter to WAGN is read out.
- Rosie is wearing the moustache.
- The minutes of the Poohsoc meeting held on the 14/02/01 are read out.
- "There's something wrong with me and Ian" - Rosie.
- A photo of Andrew is passed around.
- Votes to amend the minutes - Passed.
- Votes to amend the minutes - Failed.
- Votes to censure CUR for trying to cut Debbie - Passed.
- Is it Sheila spit and Clinton swallow?
- The minutes of the Poohsoc meeting held on the 17/02/01 are read out.
- Votes that Jenny has spoken too much - F:0, A:1, Ab:some - Failed.
- Alteration to the duties of the treasurer clause in the constitution - Failed since it was not a 2/3 majority.
- "Can we just embrace the female" - Ben
"No you cannot" - Jenny
- Stuart Armstrong pays his Pooh levy.
- The elections are held in there traditional manner with hustings, skipping and a very long speech by Owen.
- The results of the Elections are as follows: (* means elected)
Alexander Beetle :
- Benedict* (as long as he skips as soon as he is able to)
- Votes to censure Owen for getting the number of days in the year wrong: Passed
- Votes to censure Owen for blatant lying: Passed
- For Under Secretary Martin would be best. Any objections Andrew?
- Jenny and braces.
- Jenny organdised Rob.
- Votes to create under-pooh - Failed.
- We go to Formal hall.
- Votes that Claire is Martin's property for the evening: F:1, A:1, Ab:0- CR decides For, So Motion carried.
- "How would you like it, now you are under-secretary" - Rosie to Martin
- "I can't do it without licking" - Claire
- We have the loyal toast.
- We have an outgoing speech by Jenny.
- Cottleston pie is sung.
- Reading: Introduction.
- Next weeks meeting will be in Rm.6, 10 Selwyn Gardens.
- Votes that the whole of the committee are vain - Passed.
- Votes to mandate Ben and Jenny to get bigger testaments: Passed
- Vote that the society should pay: Failed.
- "You should meet the rest of my family" - Claire to Martin
- We leave formal hall.
- Claire and Ian go to the off-license together.
- The photos are put onto the computer.
- Claire showed the man in the off-license Ian's testaments and he was impressed.
- Claire wishes she had got his email address.
- Claire goes to Ian's room again.
- We play with Multimap.com
- Claire and Ian run off to the off-license again
- "Why does it always have to fail with me" - Owen
- Owen finds a picture of his house for us to look at.
- Pictures of Rosie on the Internet.
- Ian and Claire are back again.
- Mark from the off-license gave Claire his email address after she asked for it.
- Claire attacks people.
- Claire uses Owen to get hot.
- "You get to be close to blokes and it's really good exercise" - Claire.
- "Feel" Claire to Martin. (Not for the first time, according to Claire)
- Votes to close: Passed
Return To Lent 2001
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2001.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College