Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Pooh-Sticks Meeting, held on the 16/03/2003 along the Cam.
Present: Alison, Martin, Naath, Rachel H, Rosy, Dunstan (in an 18th Century blouse), Jack, Catherine (passing by on a punt)
Visitors: Naathís Mum
Apologies: Katie, Rosie, Owen, Roz, Jenny
- Meeting is opened by Rosy.
- Jack arrives as the Pembroke clock strikes two.
- Rosy will be a chair.
- "I donít want to see you run over in front of my eyes" Jack to Martin
- Votes to ignore Rosy officially: Passed
- Votes to let visitors vote: Passed
- Naath suggests we should play pooh-sticks with fish sticks.
- The "witch-burning in case of Neil being pushed in the Cam" veto is contested.
- The Bizarre Cambridge Thing of bridge hopping is demonstrated as we are temporarily joined by a new visitor.
- Rachelís self-propelled pooh-stick plays pooh-sticks on its own and is disqualified.
- "Give me a tenner and Iíll show you to the bedroom" Alison
- We decide to give the imaginary life jacket provided by Katie to Dunstan as he imagines he canít swim.
- "You get more immediate gratification" Martin
- "Itís a guy thing" Dunstan
- "Most people find it more gratifying if it involves other peoples" Jack
- We embarked on punt SC016.
- Votes to censure Marks and Spencer Jaffa cakes for being the wrong shape: Passed
- Votes to censure Martin for putting his oar in: Passed
- "If Martin was the other way round he could be our figure head" Dunstan
- We should invent a pooh-soc salute.
- Rosy is half hung from pooh-sticks bridge
- Dunstan explains that he is familiar with Cambridgeís Red Light district and offers to show Martin around.
- "We probably donít have time to go all the way" Martin to Rosy.
- M&S still water bottles look like mentholated spirits bottles.
- "I donít steer my car with a big pole stuck out of the bottom" Martin
- "Pooh soc is very good at making me do things which arenít natural" Dunstan
- Votes to mandate Martin to stand at the front of the punt, hold up his arms and shout "Iím the King of the World!": Passed
- "Alligators in the Baptistery" Rachel
- "The end of September is a punt" Rosy
- "This punt is the "Middle of March": Passed
- Votes to censure Martin for pulling Alisonís hair: Passed
- Dunstan does a very impressive impression of a duck
- "I would tug it really hard but Iíd probably come with it" Dunstan
- Alison suggests dipping cream in the meringues.
- Tourist Season - We hear someone taking pot shots at them.
- "The Camís been high" Rachel, "What was it on?" Rosy
- Rosy joins the United States of Ecstatic and declares war on the Democratic Peopleís Republic of Naathís Room.
- Alison has Dunstan counter measures.
- Itís a rotten life being female.
- Dunstan was the last person to win Knightmare. Weíre not worthy.
- "Iím going to watch Knightmare and shout "Oh, good catch Rosy"" Alison
- Votes to number the minutes in binary: Passed
- "Yes, Itís amazing what you can get people to swallow" Alison to Dunstan
- Votes to close: Passed
Return To Lent 2003
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2003.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College