Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Meeting
held on board a punt to Grantchester, 1st September 2002.
Members Present: Ben, Granny, Rosie
Also Present: Sam, Faustino, Rob (non-levied ex-member), Penny, Kevin, Ceri, David Henderson, Jeremy Sanders (non-levied ex-member)
- We are nearly all killed by a tree that is far too close to the water.
- We note with interest that David Henderson is present at a poohsoc meeting. (Joke c.1998 rehashed)
- We read Chapter 7 from the old testament, "In which Kanga and Baby Roo come to the forest and Piglet has a bath"
- We vote to allow all the visitors to vote for the duration of the meeting. F:2 A:0 Abs:1 Carried
- Sam, by virtue of his superior innuendo, is voted for as temporary emergency James. F:4 A:0 Abs:1. We then censure him for speaking during the reading. F:5 A:0 Abs:2.
- Ben- "I want to be a woman". F:2 A:1 Abs:2
- Dave has Jeremyís purple bonnet on (at least, I think the notes say that, you see these minutes were taken by me after just a few tiny little gin and tonics. After all, thatís what punting is about. So they get a bit more hard to decipher as we get nearer the end. Also I was on a shaking punt, look I know itís not an excuse, and the societal minutes are sacracent, but I do just want it stated in the record that there were mitigating circumstances. Thanks- BP)
- Pete and Clare from Newnham intercept us.
- Votes to give up pooh. F:0 A:3 Abs:2.
- "Iím sure being sticky is interesting, but not as interesting as Winnie-the-Pooh"
- Piglet disturbs everyone.
- Cheap tarts- 077*** *****. (Look, thatís what it says. Must have been very p***ed by then)
- Votes to close: F:4 A:2 Abs:0
Return To Long Vacation 2002
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2002.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College