PEMBROKE COLLEGE WINNIE-THE-POOH SOCIETY
Minutes so far of the Extraordinary Elevenses Meeting, 07/08/99
Held in: 11 Manhattan Drive, Cambridge.
Present: Jon, Kirsten, Benedict.
Apologies: Granny, Becky, Gina, Jeremy, Richard (Boulton), Micheal.
Guests: Clare Boothby, Ben Harris.
To be continued...
- We open the meeting at the behest of Clare in Manhattan Drive, where we have retreated under rain, since our delaying tactics have seemingly proved successful and the enemy-that-is-called Sheila (spit) have left their fortress, where our meeting was originally scheduled. [Information from Gina who provided an advance scouting party establishes that they had abandoned ship already when she arrived on time: another clear victory for the Society!].
- We debate women's underwear and who is likely to have an affair with Jon.
- Kirsten recites 'The Mirror' by way of a reading, our survival kit and war rations not having included a set of testaments. She does it very well.
- Vote to allow the visitors to vote, since they live in the house: F., 2, Ag., 0, Abs., 0, Asleep, 1; carried.
- Vote to censure Granny, Jeremy, Becky and Micheal for not assisting the war effort because it was raining: F., 3 (including Granny by proxy), Ag., 1, Abs., 2; carried.
- The minutes of the last meeting are read by Clare.
- Corrections: Jon has capitalised goth, thus accidentally implying that there was a conference of Black Sea barbarians under cover of which the rest of us ate cake. Since as a historian Jon has to admit that actual Goths would certainly have nicked the cake and sacked Rome, we vote to amend it to goths: F., 3, Ag., 0, Abs., 1, Dribbling, 1; carried. We also vote to amend the minutes to record that it is Gareth, Marcus's housemate, who is the Sheila (spit) type, not Marcus himself: F., 3, Ag., 0, Abs., 2; carried.
- We officially record our victory over the evil Sheila-type foe.
- Vote to feel sorry for the British Academy for not ever going to get the answers: F., 3, Ag., 2, Abs., 0; carried.
- Further vote that the British Academy are all persons of unknown filiation: F., 4, Ag., 0, Abs., 1; carried.
- Jon has to get ice-cream, so we vote, unprecedentedly, to suspend the meeting while he does so. The vote is interrupted by a phonecall from Richard and James Aylett (whom Jon originally minutes as Jones because Clare is randomly Led Zeppelinininininininining, as he puts it; she has a plant called Robert you know. Anyway... ), but eventually falls out: F., 3, Ag., 0, Abs., 1, Asleep, 1; carried.
Return To Long Vacation 1999
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 1999.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College