Minutes of the Meetings of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Held on 5th October 2003 in Room 1, 3 Selwyn Gardens
Present: Owen, Richard M-H, Neil M-H, Rosy, Jack, Alison
Apologies: Naath, Katie, Rachel, Dunstan, Martin
- Meeting opened.
- Owen has baked an Apple Crumble Cake.
- The minutes of the meeting on 21st June are read by Jack, Rosy and Mair.
- Pooh levies: Vote to set a Pooh Levy at £2. Passed.
- Owen pays his Pooh Levy.
- Vote to censure Neil for failing to provide change so Mair can pay her Pooh Levy. Passed
- So do Rosy, Richard, Alison and Jack.
- Richard makes a donation on behalf of Neil M-H.
- No Biscuit League next week: the League will restart on 18th October.
- T-Shirts will be organdised when the later, when the Freshers have arrived.
- Vote to make George Orwell and That Other Bloke (Andrew Stapley) honorary members for their services to the Tea-Drinking Community. Passed.
- Reading: Chapter 1 of A House at Pooh Corner, "In which a House is built at Pooh Corner for Eeyore."
- Votes to censure all those in Cambridge and not here. Passed.
- Means of keeping the ears warm whilst cycling are discussed: hair is suggested, but it is felt that to be effective it ought to be woven into a cloth. The merits of hair as a means of securing glasses to the head are also drawn to our attention.
- Rosy will hassle gently remind people about things they need to do: Neil needs the cashbox at the Squashes, Katie needs to fix a time for Poohsticks training.
- Owen will send round an e-mail about the Pooh Levy and new year’s membership before we add the Freshers to the list, and will send next week’s place-date-and-time announcement.
- We’ll be here until the next millennium figuring out which of the old motions are confusing. Passed.
- If the Pembroke Players try to hold auditions in our meeting we’ll carry on round them. We feel this has potential.
- A new challenge for Owen, teaching Green Stuffed Dragons to count.
- We’ll have a copy of the Hour of Minutes at the Freshers’ Fair.
- Let’s all sit here quietly and stare at Jack: Passed.
- Votes to censure all those not being quiet: Passed
- Jack’s going to do a dance routine for us next week. Passed.
- We speculate as to what sort of dancing.
- Owen’s brother hit a tree on a motorbike at 70mph ... But why was a tree...?
- God doesn’t exist. But his sense of humour does. Many things could be explained by this theory. They include the duck billed platypus.
- Possible EGM dates are the 8th and 15th of November... the only preference expressed so far is for the 15th.
- It’s an ongoing competition between us and the ants, and we can’t know yet who’ll win. They have a head start, though.
- Votes to close: Passed.
Return To Michaelmas 2003
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2003.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College