Minutes of meeting of the Pembroke Winnie-The-Pooh Society
21st October 1995
The kitchen of Two Pembroke St., Cambridge
Present: Tor, Damien, Alex, Chris, Helen, Craig, Stephen, Sarah, Chris' brother and a Germen.
Apologies: Angela, Alex, Huw.
Minutes of last meeting: See apologies. The secretary is abjectly penitent for not having done them.
- Add Mike Kent, Craig Bourne, Oren Goldschmidt, John Jarrett and Chris Hewson to mailing list
- Jo Daniels is proposed to be invited as an honorary member.
- Papers on 'Theory of Poohsticks" are discussed. T.E. Jupp offered via Chris to devote a weekend to researching the papers.
- Tor's HUUUUGE mugs are praised. Tor shows everyone her bruises. (What was that all about? I'm sorry I missed this meeting... - secretary.)
- Gossip about John Jarrett circulates.
- Chris' brothers are introduces and discussed.
- Random conversation ensues - Casualty, stealing French schoolchildren.
- We discuss whether to be bothered getting up to play Pooh-Sticks.
- Damien and Sarah talk about Sarah's Grandparents.
- Apparently playing the organ relieves constipation.
- Will is still causing problems by having his choir rehearsal at 5pm. Grrrrrr.
- Tor is amde Piglet officially. Yippee..
- Applications for the post of secretary are invited.
- There aren't any.
- Vicky is made Eeyore in her absence.
- Stephen is proposed for secretary. (8,0,0) Carried. He will do the pigeonholing, Angela will continue to do the minutes.
- Sarah says we need a new accounts book.
- A new Pooh levy is suggested of £1. People will be pigeonholed.
- Helen goes to Fitzbillie's with Sarah, under the pretence that they need to get change for the Pooh Levy.
- Chris offers to spank Damien .....
- Chris tells Damien he is 'King of Handsomeness'.
- Boring people read the newspapers.
- Helen, Craig, Stephen and Sarah pay their Pooh Levies.
- Helen returns with carrot cake, chocolate cake and Danish Pastries. (BEFORE paying her Pooh levy? Who wrote these notes??)
- Chris is voted "Rabbit" (8,0,0)
- Damien is voted "Under-James". He says, "But I'm not under Angela! (Nice though that would be ... )" Ooerr.
- The secretary thought the post had been re-named "Deputy James" after her suggestion that the woman be on the top sometimes.
- Chris pracises being Rabbit and quickly gets into the habit of making innuendos (In the absence of Mr. Lloyd who previously held the post.)
- Upcoming expotitions to Brahms' Requiem, Bach's Mass in B Minor and Ely in Helen's car are discussed.
- Chris tells Tor that her name means "Sheer Stress." She remarks how appropriate this is.
- Helen tries desperately to organdise the trip to Ely,
- The pronunciation of "Purcell" is discussed. Apparently he died of chocolate poisoning.
- English Language lesson on syllables and washing powder.
- Ely 29th October, Lunchtime. Bring picnic.
- Meeting closed (7.0.1)
Next meeting in Chris' roon, Ela.
Return To Michaelmas 1995
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 1995.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College