PEMBROKE COLLEGE WINNIE-THE-POOH SOCIETY
Minutes of The Extraordinary Elevenses Meeting, 02/10/99
Held in: AA18, Pembroke College Cambridge.
Present: Granny, Jeremy, Robert, Claire, Kirsten, Ben, Henry, Becky, Mad Jenny.
Apologies: Micheal, Gina.
Guests: Annelies [sic], Kathryn (a friend of Claire's).
- The Meeting is opened without the presence of the President, Secretary or Under-Secretary. We vote to censure Ben for not being here: F., 1, Ag., 1, Abs., 2; hung; Granny, as Christopher Robin, decides for; carried.
- Vote to allow visitors to vote for the meeting: F., 3, Ag., 0, Abs., 1; carried.
- Granny goes for a cheap tart.
- Rob has created a Pooh Corner in the nook between his door and the wall; Jeremy apparently also has a picture of Pooh on his wall.
- Ben arrives with Henry 22 minutes late. He apologises for forgetting his Testaments, as does Henry although he has in fact brought them. Always so apologetic, that Pipe lad: can it be a guilty conscience, dear reader? But we digress...
- The Reading is: "In Which Eeyore Finds the Wolery and Owl Moves into it".
- Robert succeeds in eating a chocolate doughnut without attiring himself in its contents.
- Kathryn refuses to read the part of Christopher Robin, and a vote of censure is proposed: F., 7, Ag., 0, Abs., 1; carried.
- Becky will read Christopher Robin.
- Any Other Business (there being no minutes to read): the question of Society Membership and Pooh Levies is raised. It is proposed after discussion that current memberships shall expire in 29 days [the 31st October 1999], and a Pooh Levy of £1.00 shall be taken: F.,7, Ag., 3, Abs., 3; carried.
- Rob is elected temporarily as Treasurer [no vote recorded - Ed.].
- Rob and Henry and "others" pay their Pooh Levy.
- Arrangements for the Freshers' Squash are debated: we will need (a) a teapot, (b) some water, (c) some tea, (d) some milk, (e) some sugar, and (f) some other things. Ben is to book the Inner Parlour for next meeting.
- Rob is asked for two more minutes.
- Vote to close: F., 6, Ag., 2, Abs., 3, spoilt 1; carried.
Return To Michaelmas 1999
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 1999.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College