Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Extraordinary General Meeting held on the 30/11/99 in the Inner Parlor : where we hold some elections
Present : Martin, Owen, Robin, Anneliese, Jeremy, Granny, Chris, Rob, Mad Jenny, Richard, Neil, Peter, Aidan, Ben, Kirsten, Benedict, Yasmin, Claire
Apologies : Michael, Jenny
- EGM opened at 4:20
- Vote to censure Ben for being late: Passed
- Robin Payne pays to join.
- Ben arrives and apologizes for being late.
- Jon has the minutes of last weeks meeting.
- The coasters are here.
- Yasmin and Claire arrive.
- Jenny is not here because she is visiting her Mum.
- Yasmin arrives and kisses Granny.
- Jeremy wants cheap tarts.
- Why is Jon not here.
- Reading: In which Pooh goes visiting and gets stuck in a tight place.
- It's a law that Yasmin must narrate.
- Yasmin asks Aidan if he's free on Wednesday evenings.
- Vote to censure Rob F:12, A:4, Ab:2
- Vacant posts Eeyore, Kanga, Secretary, James, Treasurer.
- Proposal of trials for captain of pooh sticks. These will be held in the next meeting when the weather is fine.
- The elections are held:
Nominations (* indicates elected):-
Foreign Secretary: Kirsten*
- Jon arrives and hands over the archives to Martin.
- Owen's hustings for the post of James "I want to wear the green cycle helmet"
- Vote to censure the door for attacking people : Carried
- Vote to create the post of narrator: Carried.
- Elections for post of Narrator
Nominations (* means elected):
- The minutes of the previous meeting are read by various people.
- Brian scares Claire.
- Mad Jenny chained someone to the Senate house Railings.
- Jon pays.
- Constitutional changes (minute writers note: I only managed to record some of the changes when the vote was unanimous I didn't get a chance to record exactly what was being changed. I will update these minutes once I have a revised copy of the constitution to work from.)
- Ben is made under James.
- Non-members have to be guests clause to be added: F:11, A:2, Ab2, 2 Spoilt ballots not carried since not 2/3 majority.
- Vote to amend the constitution with the changes we have made: Carried.
- Vote for Richard to become a member: F:12, A:2, Ab:3. Passed Richard pays.
- Vote to make Neil an honorary member: F:9, A:6, Ab:2. Passed.
- Next weeks meeting to be in room 4, 32 Panton Street.
- Claire apologizes for next week.
- Claire's parents are more important to her than the Queen.
- Vote to make Claire's Mum (Marion Langford) to become an honorary member: F:6, A:4, Ab:5
- We have the loyal toast.
- Vote to close: carried.
Return To Michaelmas 1999
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 1999.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College