Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Annual General Meeting held on the 20/02/00 in the Inner Parlour
Present : Martin, Owen, Richard, Gina, Neil, Jeremy, Andrew, Anthony, Rob, Annelies, Mad Jenny, Claire, Yasmin, Ben, Michael.
Apologies : Peter
- Ben opens the AGM
- Votes to censure Ben for messing up the emails, F:5, A:3, Ab:2
- Reading : Lines and Squares read by Andrew.
- Ben reads the minutes from the emergency meeting held earlier.
- Rob reads the minutes of last week.
- Vote to make Anthony not say anything until he pays his pound. Passed.
- We mention David Henderson.
- Votes to commend Owen on his hat. F:5, A:4, Ab:2
- Ben still hasn't got the plays.
- The elections are held:
Nominations (* means elected):
Under Secretary: Yasmin*
Foreign Secretary: Owen*
Christopher Robin: Jon*(on the condition he skips next time he is in a meeting)
The James: Ben*
- Sanest Pooh member? Maddest? (note: I have no idea what this is on about as it was minuted while I was out of the room)
- During the elections Anthony pays his pound.
- Votes to thank Ben for his presidency : Passed.
- Owen's speech is a page and a half.
- Vote to censure Rob for undisclosed nastiness. Passed
- Votes to stop Owen: Passed.
- Gosh its dark.
- Mugs (yes we are)
- Votes to make Ben acting captain of Poohsticks: Passed.
- The Telegraph want to cover the Varsity match.
- Votes that somebody should check all the unsafe bridges just to check that they are unsafe: failed.
- Something to do with hairdryer.
- Votes to suspend minuting during formal hall: Passed
- Formal Hall: for those who are interested it was:
Leek and potato soup, Turkey and a strange black cherry and cream thing.
- Minuting restarts.
- The loyal toast is made.
- Ben makes a speech.
- Mad Jenny makes a speech.
- Claire apologises for her absence next week.
- Pembroke lacks bottoms.
- Votes to thank Owen for food: Passed.
- "The atmosphere was good" - Rob
"It needed more Nitrogen" -Andrew.
- Rob's Relatives have little ones.
- Rob's off to slip into something more comfortable.
- Ben keeps banging bits of his anatomy.
- Andrew apologises for next week.
- E2a is the location for next weeks meeting.
- Votes to close passed.
Return To Lent 2000
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2000.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College