Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Elevenses Meeting held on the 18/11/2000 in H1
Present : Martin, Owen, Ben, Jenny, Richard, Claire, Debbie, Ian, Rosie, Andrew
Apologies : Yasmin, Mary, Rosie
- Jenny opens the meeting.
- Winters head.
- "A fork is a possibility" - Jenny to Richard.
- Votes to censure Owen's Mum for giving birth to him on the wrong day: Passed.
- Ben has formally applied to the House of Lords, so wants us to call him Lord Parker.
- Votes that Ben should do Owen first: Failed.
- Philip pays his Pooh levy.
- Ian came in the back way.
- You have to be careful who you eat food from.
- Votes that we've just had dinner: Passed.
- Minutes of EGM 11/11/00- Read by Ben.
- The biscuits are opened.
- Minutes of meeting 11/11/00 - Read by Philip.
- Minutes of committee meeting 11/11/00 - Read by Philip.
- Gist of the article is given to us by Ben.
- The cheque books have the same number: Claire will go in to see them about it.
- Ben's Game: Contact a celebrity and get them to send you a Pooh stick. Judged on
Closing date is the first constitutional meeting of next term.
- Degree of Fame
- The poohstick
- Votes to censure Weekend: Passed.
- July Censured is a first year Mathmo.
- Votes that Claire is not mature: Passed.
- Votes to define a plethora as being two: Passed.
- Ben would prefer an excess of bodily fluid.
- Votes to censure Oxford: Passed.
- What reading should we have.
- Claire wanted Piglet.
- What reading to have is still being debated.
- Reading: In which Rabbit has a busy day and we find out what Christopher Robin does in the Morning.
- Andrew and Rosie will be here shortly.
- Philip plugs his play, Ian then does the same.
- Votes to rename the society - "Pembroke College Lets all Plug Our Plays Society" : Failed.
- Votes to censure Martin for not getting in the way: Passed.
- Ben's mobile phone rings.
- Ben wants to put it in Owen's mouth.
- Votes to censure Claire for being a bitch: Failed.
- As Claire had so cruelly stolen Philip's only line in the reading, his one moment of glory, the highlight of his weekend, we re-read that part, making sure Claire doesn't steal his line this time.
- Next weeks meeting will be in Rm 8, 27 Bateman Street.
- Ian may not be able to come next week.
- Votes to let Richard take closure to dinner: Passed.
- Debbie skips.
- There are uncountably many real numbers.
- Mathmo jokes are getting out of hand.
- How do you check your email in tellytubby land.
- CMS is tellytubby land.
- Votes to censure everyone who spammed the mailing list: Passed.
- Claire sits there shouting out "too much spam" repeatedly.
- A load of random conversations are held.
- Votes to censure Ben : Failed.
- Votes that forcing people to do things is wrong: Failed.
- Votes that Martin is a nasty boy: Passed.
- Votes to mandate Claire to ruin her entire life: Failed (Although my notes do strangely say passed for this one)
- Votes to stop Martin doing the stupid circulating the food joke for the rest of the meeting: Passed.
- We've eaten all of the biscuits.
- Votes to censure Boots for making fowl tasting medicine: Failed.
- Claire (Kanga) had a taste of her own medicine.
- Votes to close: Passed.
Return To Michaelmas 2000
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2000.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College