Minutes of the Pembroke College Winnie-the-Pooh Society Elevenses Meeting held on the 07/10/2000 in O10
Present : Chris, Owen, Martin, Jenny, Claire, Richard, Neil, Kirsten, Benedict, Jon, Ben
Apologies : Yasmin
- Jenny opens the meeting.
- Richard pays to join.
- Kirsten reads the minutes from 01/10/00
- Votes to censure Martin for being nasty to Claire: Passed.
- Jenny confuses Martin and Owen again and is censured for it.
- Chris reads the minutes of the freshers squash held between 2:00 and 3:30.
- Owen will write a letter to Heffers and then bring it to the next meeting to give us a chance to look at it before he sends it.
- Owen mentions the shop on King's parade.
- Kirsten, Benedict and Jon all pay to join.
- We invoke clause 41 of the constitution (4th revision).
- Chris is going to drag Girtonians to the next meeting in shopping trolleys.
- The minutes from 01/07/00 are read out.
- Jenny likes wiggly things.
- Jenny gives Claire the treasury.
- Claire decides to count all the money in the cash box.
- Jenny will hand in our GAC allocation for the year.
- The What Cam thing is mentioned again.
- Jenny's found a little something.
- Correspondence is read out.
- Owen wants links for the website.
- What a lot of biscuits there are.
- Computers are repeatedly mentioned.
- We discuss what to spend the money on, T-shirts and mugs are mentioned as well as buying a society minibus.
- The above problem is solved when Claire claims the money is all hers.
- You have to squiggle it with a little more finesse.
- People from Homerton are not able to Squiggle it.
- We mandate Claire to buy a new cashbox for the society. It must have compartments, though she can have a free choice of the colour as long as it isn't blue.
- Reading: In which Piglet is entirely surrounded by Water.
- Who is closest to Yasmin?
- Ben manages to interrupt this reading as well.
- Ben and Jenny go into the kitchen and shut the door.
- Votes that Owen should hold the biscuits for ever: hung, Christopher Robin decides against after realising we might need Owen's left hand.
- Ben reads minute 47 from 24/06/00 the one with the Gurmukhi characters.
- Ben gives Martin lots of things for the archives.
- We think the society is in it's 8th year.
- Jenny confuses Martin and Owen again.
- We discuss past members.
- Ben got to be a model.
- Jenny has lots of pairs of shoes with her.
- Ben threatens to rip up Benedict.
- Votes to censure Kirsten for not having the coasters: Passed.
- Ben pays to join.
- Votes to congratulate Claire for finally managing to open the cashbox on her own: Passed.
- We will investigate getting a bank account.
- Primrose league
- We learn that Jon can talk.
- Ben's car doesn't work.
- Ben's legs gone to sleep, maybe this is due to the computing conversations going on at this point.
- Votes to close: Passed.
Return To Michaelmas 2000
©The Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society 2000.
Disclaimer: The views given on this page are those of the Pembroke College Winnie-The-Pooh Society and do not necessarily correspond to those of Pembroke College